Ingredients & Directions
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large eggplant, cut into cubes (about 8 cups)
- 1 Spanish onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Tomato Soup or Campbell’s® Healthy Request® Condensed Tomato Soup
- 1.333 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 package (10.25 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Harvest Wheat Distinctive Crackersor your favorite Pepperidge Farm crackers
Heat the oil in a 6-quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Add the eggplant, onion, pepper and garlic and cook for 10 minutes or until the eggplant is tender-crisp.
Stir in the soup and water and heat to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 40 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Stir in the oregano. Serve the caponata warm or at room temperature with the crackers.
Tip: Leftover caponata is delicious tossed with hot cooked pasta topped off with some grated Parmesan cheese.