Ingredients & Directions
- 2 egg
- 4 ounces (1/2 of an 8-ounce package) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cans (6 ounces each ) lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/2 cup finely chopped drained canned water chestnuts
- 2 green onion, sliced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 of a 17.3-ounce package Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets(1 sheet), thawed
Heat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets. Beat 1 egg in a small bowl with a fork.
Beat the remaining egg in a medium bowl with a fork or whisk. Stir in the cream cheese, crabmeat, water chestnuts, onions, garlic powder and seafood seasoning.
Sprinkle the flour on the work surface. Unfold the pastry sheet on the work surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 10 x 15-inch rectangle.
Spread the crab mixture on the pastry to within 1/2 inch of the edge. Brush the edges of the pastry with the egg. Starting at a short side, roll up like a jelly-roll. Tuck the ends under to seal. Wrap the pastry roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Cut the pastry roll into 20 (about 1/2-inch) slices. Place the slices, cut-side down, onto the baking sheets. Brush with the egg.
Bake for 25 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown.
Serving Suggestion: Sprinkle the pastries with additional seafood seasoning. Serve with fresh lemon wedges and hot sauce.