Ingredients & Directions
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1.5 cups toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 package (10 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Shells
- 1/2 cup almond-flavored or orange-flavored sweetened whipped creamand/or crumbled blue cheese and/or wedges of Cheddar cheese (optional)
Prepare the pastry shells according to the package directions.
Heat the heavy cream and sugar in a 1-quart heavy saucepan over medium heat to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes or until the mixture is thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Let the mixture cool to room temperature. Stir in the walnuts, cranberries and cinnamon.
Spoon the walnut mixture into the pastry shells. Top the filled shells with whipped cream or other toppings, if desired.