Ingredients & Directions
- 6 slices lightly toasted Pepperidge Farm® Farmhouse™ Hearty White Bread, cut into cubes (about 6 cups)
- 1 pound hot or sweet Italian pork sausage, casing removed
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) Campbell’s® Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 6 egg
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
Lightly grease a 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Arrange the bread cubes in the bottom of the dish.
Cook the sausage and red pepper in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat until the sausage is well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat. Spoon the sausage mixture over the bread cubes.
Beat the soup, eggs, milk and cheese in a large bowl with a fork or whisk. Pour the egg mixture over the sausage mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
Heat the oven to 350°F. Uncover the baking dish.
Bake for 55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.