Ingredients & Directions
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 package (10 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Shells
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 container (8 ounces) whipped cream cheese spread, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Heat the oven to 425°F. Stir 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and the granulated sugar in a small bowl.
Brush the top of the unbaked pastry shells with the egg. Sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon mixture. Prepare the pastry shells according to the package directions.
Stir the pie filling and remaining cinnamon in a medium microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute or until the mixture is warm. Stir the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract in another medium bowl until the mixture is smooth.
Spoon 2 tablespoons cream cheese mixture into each pastry shell. Top each with about 1/2 cup pie filling mixture and the pastry tops.
Recipe Note: When brushing the top of the unbaked shells with the egg, make sure that none of the egg runs over onto the sides. This could interfere with the shell's ability to "puff" properly.