Ingredients & Directions
- 3 pounds bone-in chicken parts
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups Prego® Italian Sausage & Garlic Italian Sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Garlic Bread
Heat the oven to 400°F. for the bread.
Season the chicken with the black pepper. Coat the chicken with the flour.
Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken in batches until well browned on all sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
Pour off all but 2 tablespoons oil from the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is tender, stirring occasionally.
Stir the sauce in the skillet. Return the chicken to the skillet. Cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Meanwhile, bake the bread according to the package directions.
Cut the bread into 2-inch diagonal slices and serve with the chicken.