Ingredients & Directions
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed according to package directions
- 4 ounces whole milk mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons Prego® Pizzeria Style Pizza Sauce
- 4 slices thin slices sopressata or hard salami, torn into pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 cups fresh baby arugulaleaves
Heat the oven to 400°F. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
Unfold 1 pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Using a 9-inch pie plate as a template, cut the pastry sheet into a 9-inch circle. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet. Reserve the trimmings for another use.
Cut half the cheese into about 16 sticks. Thinly slice the remaining cheese.
Brush the edges of the pastry circles with the egg mixture. Place the cheese sticks around the edges of the pastry circles. Fold the edges of the pastry over to enclose the cheese and press to seal. Brush the seam and edges of the pastry with the egg mixture. Prick the center of the pastry circles thoroughly with a fork.
Spread 1 tablespoon pizza sauce on each pastry circle. Divide the cheese slices and sopressata evenly between the pastry circles.
Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and the cheese is melted. Let the pizzas cool on the baking sheets on wire racks for 10 minutes.
Beat the lemon juice, oil and black pepper in a large bowl with a fork or whisk. Add the arugula and toss to coat. Divide the arugula mixture evenly between the pizzas.